I am thrilled that so many of you have requested questions for Living an Alive Life to be used at your book clubs. The topics covered in the book are transformational and I believe they will have an even greater effect when discussing them as a group . I have chosen questions I believe will create in-depth discussion and help each member to see that they are not alone in the way they feel. I look forward to hearing your feedback from your experiences, and have every hope that this journey will help you to feel absolutely and completely worthy of love for anything and everything you are.
Chapter One: The Human Condition
- What experiences have you had with the, “But you don’t know me” feeling when someone said they loved you? What kind of relationship was it?
- Did you make a good/bad master list? Was it difficult? What did you learn about yourself?
- What do you think your purpose is?
Chapter Two: The Lie
- How would you define the difference between connection and acceptance?
- Describe a relationship where you experienced connection, and one where you experienced acceptance without connection?
- What experiences have you had when revealing your true self?
Chapter Three: Be Brave Enough to Open the Box
- When you thought about what you fear in yourself, what surprised you? Did anyone else in the group fear the same thing?
- What faces pop into your mind as you think about what you would fear in yourself? Are these people still relevant in your life, or are they from the past?
- Do you think there are some things people should hide? What are they?
Chapter Four: A Simple Meditation
- Before this book, what was your experience with mediation?
- What new ideas did you discover from the meditation guide?
- Did you try the Daily Truth exercise with a partner? How did it go?
Chapter Five: Selfish
- How does it make you feel to be called selfish?
- What would your answer be to the pencil study? Why?
- What do you consider selfish acts?
- Do you think it’s ever justifiable to be selfish? Why or why not?
Chapter Six: Emotions
- What emotions do you feel an immediate need to deny or counteract because you think they are wrong to have?
- Can you identify any ideals you have about emotions? Do you think you should strive for mindfulness, gratefulness, happiness, etc… otherwise you are failing in some way?
- What negative emotions make you feel like a failure when you experience them?
- What emotions you are embarrassed to have around other people?
- Do you think there are times when it is better to lie to protect someone? Why or why not?
- What relationships do you think are worth fighting for authenticity in, and which ones do you think are acceptable to have a surface layer relationship?
- Do you feel like you have more or less control of emotions when you acknowledge them? Why?
Chapter Seven: Truth Can Only Exist in The Moment
- Do you agree that truth can only exist in the moment? Why or why not?
- What experiences have you had where you reacted differently than you thought you would?
- What fears come to mind when you think of releasing control over future emotions?
Chapter Eight: The Evaluation Process
- What unexpected desires came out of you when you cleared your mind of faces, obligations, and current limitations?
- How do your desires differ from your current situation?
- How does making a plan this way increase your ability to chase your true desires?
Chapter Nine: The 90 Day Plan
- Are you comfortable with 90-day plans? Why or why not?
- How do you normally structure your life? Is there a plan? Do you wing it?
- Did making a 90-day plan change your outlook moving forward? How so?
Chapter Ten: Escaping Theory and Moving into Reality
- Explain an experience where you learned something unexpected about yourself.
- Do you think you get better at predicting your reactions the more you experience things? Can you give an example?
Chapter Eleven: Face Your Demons
- What demons do you need to face that you are avoiding?
- Do you think you’ll continue to avoid them at this point in your life? Why or why not?
Chapter Twelve: Belief is Everything
- How do you feel about yourself around your family? Do you feel differently when you’re not around them?
- When do you feel your strongest?
- What have you done in the past that has built your personal belief?
- On a scale of 1-10, 1 being no belief in your abilities and 10 feeling like you can conquer the world, how would you rate your current personal belief level? What do you attribute that to?
Chapter Thirteen: Setting Boundaries
- While reading through the reasons to set boundaries in a relationship, what relationships came to mind for you?
- Do you feel okay with setting boundaries? Why or why not?
Chapter Fourteen: Humility
- What does humility mean to you?
- How would you explain your own level of humility?
Chapter Fifteen: Patience
- How do you feel about the general patience level in the world today?
- Describe your own patience level.
- What is one thing you feel you could have been more successful at had you been patient?
Chapter Sixteen: The Triumph Journal
- Since reading this chapter, have you made a Triumph Journal? If so, how did it affect you?
- How do you think keeping a Triumph Journal will help you to remain motivated towards your goals?
- Overall, what have you learned about yourself from Living an Alive Life?